It’s been a fun ride, but I’ve decided to post my 1968 Mustang For Sale. If you’ve followed the blog you already know it’s been my daily driver for over a year, and that I’ve made a few upgrades and performed some recent maintenance in the name of safety and reliability. It’s time for somebody else to enjoy it now.
The car is a 1968 Mustang coupe with a great running 289 cubic inch small block Ford V8 backed by a C4 automatic transmission and 8 inch rear end with 3.55 gears. The engine has a mild cam and is topped with an Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and four barrel Edelbrock carb, and Mallory ignition. It exhales through dual exhaust into quad GT tips. This Mustang runs great and is super reliable, proven by many long distance road trips to New York, Pennsylvania, and Western Virginia. I wouldn’t hesitate to get in this car and go anywhere.
A previous owner had it restored several years ago at which time all rusty metal was removed and replaced, and painted by a professional shop. It’s a nice solid car. It has picked up a few minor dings and scratches (hard to avoid on a daily!), and the paint has a few small cracks, but the car cleans up really nicely and from a few feet away you’d be hard pressed to see imperfections. It’s a great driver. It looks great, turns heads and gets thumbs up everywhere it goes.
RECENT UPGRADES AND MAINTENANCE
- LED Tail Lights with Sequential Turn Signals
- Upgraded to New 3 Point Seat Belts (Front and Rear)
- Upgraded to 3 Row Aluminum Champion Radiator
- Replaced Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses and Bypass Hose
- New Water Pump
- Upgraded to One Inch Front Sway Bar w/Poly Bushings
- Upgraded to Roller Spring Perches
- Replaced Strut Bar Bushings
- Front End Alignment
- Replaced Rear Axle Bearings
OTHER NICE THINGS ON THE CAR
- Authentic Shelby Ten Spoke Wheels
- Shelby Overhead Console w/Map Lights
- Grant Steering Wheel w/Billet Horn Center
- ProCar Bolstered Bucket Seats w/Matching Rear Upholstery (I have the original Deluxe interior in great shape that I can swap in if you prefer)
- Deluxe Hood w/Heat Extractors and Integrated Turn Signals